What is your favorite season?

Monday, August 10, 2009

A New Blog


Happy birthday Craig and happy birthday Mark! We celebrated both birthdays on Saturday, August the 8th, and I decided it was the best way to start my new Hobbs Family Blog.
You can see the cake I made for Mark's birthday from scratch, which is my favorite cake ever! It's from my Aunt Heidi, and it's a chocolate cake with cool whip and strawberries for the filling and a delicious chocolate ganache for icing. It was absolutely fabulous, if you like chocolate. It was gone before the end of the day.


And I'm still pregnant. It looks like we've scheduled the C-section for Tuesday, September 1st. We'll see if that ends up being the actual birthday. I'd like for it to be in August so the little girl doesn't have to wait a whole year to start school. But we've decided her name will be either Lillie Marie Hobbs or Lily Marie Hobbs. The jury is still out on the spelling.
While waiting for our new baby girl, I had fun planning Mark and Craig's combined birthday party Saturday. Lots of food, fun and presents, of course. My brother Paul helped take pictures while I played hostess, but here are a few pictures that I like the best.

First, here's the video from Mark's day care at Ms. Barbara's house (I hope it works):



And here's some pictures from our birthday party Saturday, August 8th:
Mark, Craig and cousin Kayla on Mark's new bike (Kayla loved it)
Our mess of toys: Mark's new Thomas the train set with Cranky (his favorite) and Kayla falling off Mark's new bike.




Mark playing with Cranky while I light up the candles on Craig's birthday cake.

And finally my dad looking at his birthday card since it was his actual birthday on Saturday!

And here's the video of Craig blowing out his candles (again, I hope it works). I'm the fat one on the left. :-)


2 comments:

  1. looks like a fantabulous party Kathy! Do you have a recipe for the cake- or is it a family secret- you made me hungry for it just by describing it? :) Good luck holding out till the end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mom! love this blog! btw I have grown!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog